Dachau Tour Infomation
Our half day tour of the Dachau Memorial begins in Central Munich at 9:30 and arrives back around 14:30 so guests can link up to another afternoon city tour or just relax in our beautiful city. Please note that this is a full tour of the Dachau Memorial, we like an early start to enable our guests to make the most of their time in Munich.
Our 5 hour tour including transport to and from Dachau Concentration Camp will cover all areas accessible to the public and the following.
- Rise of Adolph Hitler and the Nazi Party throughout the 1920s up to his appointment as Chancellor in 1933
- Burning of the Reichstag and the formation of concentration camps
- The roll Dachau played as model for other camps
- 3 major phases of the camp system
- SS training facility
- Jourhaus (main gate house) with the infamous slogan ARBEIT MACHT FREI
- Liberation of the camp and the aftermath
- What happened at Dachau between 1945 and the unveiling of the Documentation center in 1965
- An in depth look at the concentration camp system, Ghettos and Extermination camps
- Registration of prisoners and their various categories
- Kristallnacht – 1938 pogrom against the Jews and the first major influx of Jewish prisoners at Dachau
- Methods of torture and punishments
- International memorial and sculpture
- Medical experiments on prisoners
- A short color film of Dachau
- The bunker – prison within the camp
- Georg Elser – the would be assassin who almost killed Hitler and his fate
- Daily lives of the prisoners and the barracks
- Religious memorials
- Perimeter fence
- Gas Chamber and Crematorium
TOUR COSTS: ADULTS 24€, *STUDENTS 21€
* Students must present valid student ID
Transport included. Children 12 years and under are free of charge.
Price includes 19% VAT.
TOUR TIME: 9:30 arriving back at Munich Central Station between 14:00 and 14:30
The Dachau Memorial sightseeing tour meets inside Munich Central Station (hauptbahnhof) on second floor (mezzanine level) at Coffee Fellows next to Burger King 9:30. You can find a map of the meeting point here... Please don't be late as we have a specific train to catch and cannot wait for late arrivals.
Look for our guide. Reservations are not necessary just show up out our meeting point.