Dachau Tour Information
Our half day tour of the Dachau Memorial begins in Central Munich at 9:30 and arrives back around 14:30 so guests can link up to another afternoon city tour or just relax in our beautiful city. Please note that this is a full tour of the Dachau Memorial, we like an early start to enable our guests to make the most of their time in Munich.
TOUR RUNS EVERY DAY EXCEPT WEDNESDAY
Our 5 hour tour including transport to and from Dachau Concentration Camp will cover all areas accessible to the public and the following.
- Rise of Adolph Hitler and the Nazi Party throughout the 1920s up to his appointment as Chancellor in 1933
- Burning of the Reichstag and the formation of concentration camps
- The roll Dachau played as model for other camps
- 3 major phases of the camp system
- SS training facility
- Jourhaus (main gate house) with the infamous slogan ARBEIT MACHT FREI
- Liberation of the camp and the aftermath
- What happened at Dachau between 1945 and the unveiling of the Documentation center in 1965
- An in depth look at the concentration camp system, Ghettos and Extermination camps
- Registration of prisoners and their various categories
- Kristallnacht – 1938 pogrom against the Jews and the first major influx of Jewish prisoners at Dachau
- Methods of torture and punishments
- International memorial and sculpture
- Medical experiments on prisoners
- A short color film of Dachau
- The bunker – prison within the camp
- Georg Elser – the would be assassin who almost killed Hitler and his fate
- Daily lives of the prisoners and the barracks
- Religious memorials
- Perimeter fence
- Gas Chamber and Crematorium
TOUR COSTS: ADULTS 24€ STUDENTS 21€
Children 12 years and under are free of charge.
*Price includes public transport costs
* Students must present valid student ID
Price includes 19% VAT.
TOUR TIME: 9:30 arriving back at Munich Central Station between 14:00 and 14:30
The Dachau Memorial sightseeing tour meets inside Munich Central Station (hauptbahnhof) on second floor (mezzanine level) at Coffee Fellows next to Burger King 9:30. Please note that there is a Burger King outside the central station, we do no meet there we meet next to the Burger King inside. Please don't be late as we have a specific train to catch and cannot wait for late arrivals.
Look for our guide. Reservations are not necessary just show up out our meeting point.