Dachau Tour Information
GROUP TOURS 2019
MAY 1st - OCTOBER 6TH TOUR RUNS EVERY DAY EXCEPT WEDNESDAY
Tour not running Sunday July 21st
ADULTS 26 €
STUDENTS 21 €
Children 12 years and under are
*Price includes public transport costs
Price includes 19% VAT.
TOUR TIME: 9:30 arriving back in Munich 14:00 and 14:30
Our half day tour of the Dachau Memorial begins in Central Munich at 9:30 and
arrives back around 14:30 so guests can link up to another afternoon city tour or just relax in our beautiful city. Please note that this is a full tour of the Dachau Memorial, we like an early start to enable our guests to make the most of their time in Munich.
Our 5 hour tour including transport to and from Dachau Concentration Camp will cover all areas accessible to the public and the following.
- Rise of Adolph Hitler and the Nazi Party throughout the 1920s up to his appointment as Chancellor in 1933
- Burning of the Reichstag and the formation of concentration camps
- The roll Dachau played as model for other camps
- 3 major phases of the camp system
- SS training facility
- Jourhaus (main gate house) with the infamous slogan ARBEIT MACHT FREI
- Liberation of the camp and the aftermath
- What happened at Dachau between 1945 and the unveiling of the Documentation center in 1965
- An in depth look at the concentration camp system, Ghettos and Extermination camps
- Registration of prisoners and their various categories
- Kristallnacht – 1938 pogrom against the Jews and the first major influx of Jewish prisoners at Dachau
- Methods of torture and punishments
- International memorial and sculpture
- Medical experiments on prisoners
- A short color film of Dachau
- The bunker – prison within the camp
- Georg Elser – the would be assassin who almost killed Hitler and his fate
- Daily lives of the prisoners and the barracks
- Religious memorials
- Perimeter fence
- Gas Chamber and Crematorium
TOUR MEETING POINT
Our group tour meet at the centrally located Marienplatz underneath the tower of the Old Town Hall. You will find your guide holding a Dachau Tour sign. Underneath the tower you will see the Spielzeug Museum and a statue of Juliet. This location is very easy to find and easily accessible from all over Munich. Please note we leave 9:30 sharp.
Look for our guide. Reservations are not necessary just show up out our meeting point.
GROUP TOUR DATES 2019:
MAY 1st – OCTOBER 6th EVERY DAY EXCEPT WEDNESDAY
TOUR TIME: 9:30 arriving back in Munich between 14:00 and 14:30
FOR OTHER ALL OTHER DAYS PLEASE EMAIL FOR INFORMATION